The UPSC cut off is the minimum scores that aspirants will have to acquire for clearing the diverse rounds of Civil Services Examination-Preliminary, Mains, and Interview. Aspirants who have qualified the preliminary exam will be in consideration of Mains exam.
The UPSC announces the list of students clearing the mains on the perimeter of cut off which is 33% in General Studies Paper 2. Overall, the sum of marks to be expected will be decided by UPSC.
Factors of UPSC Cut Off Marks
The Civil Services Cut Off scores are determined by UPSC through various factors-
- Total Number of Vacancies
- Total Number of Candidates Participating in Each Stage
- Level of Difficulty of Questions
- Marking Scheme
- Reservation Norms
- Last Year cut off Trends
UPSC last year cut off
UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination is the first stage of the selection for Civil Services. Civil Services involves two necessary papers, that is General Studies Paper-I (GS Paper I) and General Studies Paper-II (GS Paper II) denoted as Civil Service Aptitude Test (CSAT).
- General Studies Paper I – The marks got in this paper are measured for picking out the students for Mains Exam. UPSC will be the one to choose the cut off marks.
- General Studies Paper II- Applicants have to gain at least marks considered for the exam that is 33% of 200 marks. Cut off marks are not valid for this paper.
- Accordingly, the selection will be on the marks gotten by the entrants in GS Paper I and marks in GS Paper II.
|Category||2016 Cut off||2015 Cut off||2014 Cut off *|
UPSC Cut Off Marks for Mains
UPSC Mains written exam is another stage of Civil Services Selection process. Mains Exam comprises of nine papers of conventional essays, two will be qualifying papers (Paper A – Indian Language, Paper B – English), each for 300 marks and seven additional papers (Paper I to Paper VII) are necessary for merit.
- Aspirants obtaining required cut off marks in Prelim Exam will be able to take on Paper A and Paper B of Mains written examination.
- Entrants will be required to attain minimum 25% in qualifying as per cut off to go for 7 papers of Mains examination.
- Cut off Mains written exam is considered as per minimum 10% marks in each namely Essay paper, GS-I, GS-II, GS-III, GS-IV, Optional paper-I and Optional paper-II.
UPSC Cut Off of IAS Interview
The Interview also called personality tests for Civil Services Exam is led to achieving 275 marks. For UPSC Civil Services Interview, aspirants need not acquire cut off.
UPSC cut off for the final ranking
UPSC will make an announcement for Final cut off marks intended for several civil services posts after Interview round. The cut off will be decided on Mains marks and Interview marks attained by the entrants qualifying the examination.