Union Public Service Commission signifies the cut off as the minimum qualifying standard marks which are known as cut off achieved by previously recommended aspirants at different stages.
UPSC administers the Preliminary Examination for the purpose of Indian Administrative Services (IAS).
The UPSC is responsible for announcing the cut off marks of the Civil Services Commission.
The cut off is generated by the commission after the final distribution held for Prelims Recruitment.Broadly speaking, the level of difficulty has increased, and this will influence the cut-off marks as well. There could be some 2-3 points drop from 105.3 marks, which was the cut-off for Prelims 2017, but it is difficult to say as there are some questions in Paper-I where many answer keys could be wrong.
The cut off is the least scores that have to be attained by any aspirant to be the part of UPSC Mains.
It is notified that the main authority(UPSC) decides minimum marks satisfying which they will be able to advance towards next CS Examination.
UPSC Civil Service Exam Cut-off Marks/Minimum Qualifying Prelims 2018
UPSC Prelims Cut Off are given below for General Studies Paper-1 achieved for the Mains
IAS 2018 Expected Cut Off
Check the expected cut off for UPSC Civil Services exam from the table below:
|General||150 – 200||665 – 679||850 – 889|
|OBC||140 – 201||602 – 631||810 – 845|
|SC||101 – 185||615 – 633||815 – 835|
|ST||103 – 180||610 – 620||800 – 815|
|PH‐1||101 – 170||550 – 615||800 – 820|
|PH 2||80 – 120||550 – 630||780 – 835|
|PH‐3||60 – 125||450 – 515||690 – 726|
UPSC IAS Expected Cut Off By Coaching Centers
Along with the answer keys, the coaching centers also releases the cut off for the exam. Here you will get the expected cut off as released by various coaching centers such as Shankar IAS Academy, Vision IAS, BYJU’s Classes, career Launcher, etc.
IAS 2018 Expected Cut Off by SuperProfs
|110 (+ or – 3)||105 (+ or – 3)||100 (+ or – 3)||95 (+ or – 3)|
UPSC Cut off Marks ( Normal)
UPSC Civil Services Cutoff Trend: Aspirants can check below the prelims, mains and final cutoff trend of the UPSC civil services exam over the last three years for all category candidates.
UPSC Civil Service Cut off Marks 2015
UPSC Civil Service Cut off Marks 2014
UPSC Civil Service Cut off Marks 2013
Civil Services Examination-2017
- On the 6th day of after final result declaration, UPSC has uploaded the cutoff marks for the civil services exam (CSE-2017)
- Prelim Paper-II marks were not counted in Mains-selection
*Cut off marks on the basis of GS Paper-I only. GS Paper-II was of qualifying nature with 33% marks as per Rule-15 of Civil Services Examination, 2017.
# Subject to 10% marks in each of the seven competitive papers i.e. Essay, GS-I, GS-II, GS-III, GS-IV, Optional-I and Optional-II.
UPSC Prelims Cut Off modalities
- Union Public Service Commission will announce the cut off for Civil Services Exam as minimum marks.
- The cut off marks for UPSC Civil Services Prelims is published for aiming at the selection of candidates for UPSC CS Mains.
- UPSC Civil Services Prelims cut off is look upon as the base for eligibility of UPSC Mains.
- Those applicants who have been able to fill the form can and met the marks set for cut off are eligible for Civil Services Preliminary Examination.
- UPSC announces the cut off for Prelims Civil Services after the announcement of the final result of UPSC Civil Services.
- Though, the result of the Civil Services prelims is finalized under the authority of UPSC after fixing minimum marks that are cut off marks for clearing the Preliminary exam.
UPSC cut off mains
- The mains examination includes 9 papers and two papers are qualifying. IAS mains exam result is proclaimed by UPSC in the month of January.
- The applicants who have obtained minimum qualifying marks in the mains examination have been accepted to take part in the Personality Test.
- The personality test for the interview of the accepted contenders is started from the month of February. On accord of IAS cut off for mains examination, applicants are nominated for numerous civil services.
UPSC final allotment
- The UPSC Civil Services final allocation cut off is decided on the marks secured by previously suggested applicants in mains examination and interview.
- Applicants who are able to obtain alike or above cut off score considered for the all India merit list.
- Relying on the UPSC IAS final cut off, applicants are given ranks.
- The IAS final allotment cut off is out subsequent to interview for personality test.